Monday, October 5, 2009

Shanghaied in Bangkok

Day 56: Bangkok, Thailand
Well here I am, still in Bangkok after almost a week now, due to the unfortunate path of destruction caused by Cyclone Ketsana alot of Laos and Cambodia is underwater at the moment and if I wanted to spend a few days in the mud I would go to the Glastonbury Fetival, at least I could see some great music while I am at it.
I think I mentioned that Bangkok is quite expensive compared with most of the other places I have been, the account is ever dwindling but am expecting my security deposit refund (now 2 months overdue and counting) any day now so hopefully I am not begging on the side of the road this time next week...

Just kidding, oh yea of little faith! There are top men working on it ('Who?' 'TOP MEN!').
I don't know why I keep using that reference from Raiders of the Lost Ark, no-one has ever got it yet...
And besides, the Weighted Stubby Holder, now to be known as The Beerbell, could still come through, there has been no interest yet but it's early days, after all, did you know that a certain British writer named John Creasley received 774 rejections for his first book attempt before he found an editor who would put him into print?
That book has now sold over 30 million copies and counting, and John Creasley is also known as Dr Seuss.

Aaah, these tangents again.....
Not even going to bother going on about my theory on Deja Vu, although it did occur to me to bring it up just before, hopefully off to Cambodia and the magnificent Angkor Wat this week then up into Laos, wish me luck that there will be no more natural disasters like the ones that have followed me through Asia so far (Indo= Earthquake, Philippines= Flood, Vietnam= Typhoon).
Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment