Thursday, October 29, 2009

The End

Day 80: Bangkok, Thailand
Well every journey has an ending, I'm not actually sure if this is day 80 but it's the last time I will be in front of a PC for a few weeks so I though I would take the opportunity to wrap it up now before I leave. Am off to spend a few weeks with the monks in the forest monestary of Wat Suanmokkh, about a day train ride from Bangkok. I have put this off for a while now (was actually meant to go in October) but all the bright lights and constant stimulation from travelling around the region has made it very hard to comtemplate staying in one spot for too long.
However, it's an opportunity that can't be missed as the Thailand is the centre of Buddhism and the ancient discipline of transcendental meditation, if I don't go experience this before I go back it would be something I would regret forever.
Besides, I built up alot of anger and frustration over the last couple of years that needs to be managed in a healthy way, rather than using the traditional Western approach of alcohol and violence which doesn't really do anyone much good in the long run.
But enough about me.
What do you think of me?
Haha
Enough self indulgence, the bus leaves at 6pm tonight and I will return on the 10th, back to Bangkok and KL before flying to Oz for the summer, a bit more relaxed and motivated for the next phase of life in which all my diabolical plans will be brought to fruition (insert diabolical laugh HERE).
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment