Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Witness the Fitness


Day 8: Thongsala, Koh Phagnan, Thailand


Well, the first week of my trip is over. On Thursday I will depart from this island paradise bound for Singapore and the Malaysian Warriors vs Singapore Wombats game, I think that it's fair to say that after the vast amount of training I completed last week, fitness is no longer an issue for me.

No smokes, no booze, plenty of sleep, all good in the hood. Even got a tan now....

Three more days of training to go.

Two of the English boys are fighting on Wednesday night, the signs and posters have gone up in the villiage and the vans are blaring out advertising for th event making them minor celebrities about town. The big one, Isaak, is about 6'4 on a bad day and is head and shoulders above the rest of the crew, last week a Brazilian bloke came along to start training who is the same height as him.

Voila, guess who has a new sparring partner.

Unfortunately the Brazilian bloke is a fashion model and his looks are his bread and butter, but as I mentioned, he's the only one suitable to spar with the big bloke (who needs as much practice as he can get before Wednesday's fight night) so he keeps getting paired up with Isaak.

Fingers crossed he doesn't leave with broken nose and cauliflower ears as he is a decent bloke.

The fitness is getting up there now, trainings becoming a lot more fun now I can pusg myself hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment