Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jeffrey Lee R.I.P.


Day 9: Thongsala, Koh Phagnan, Thailand

Ferris Bueller: 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it'
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Sage words indeed.
Last week I received the sad news that Jeffrey Lee was killed in a motorbike accident in Kuala Lumpur on August 4th, 2009. He was 35 years old.
Jeff was the dive instructor who taught me and Dave the ropes when we made the decision to learn how to scuba dive in KL, I thank him for his patience and tolerance as I am a challenging student at the best of times, sorry about smashing the side of the pool mate.

Jeff always had a great acronym for remembering all the rules and regulations when it came to diving, they gave you a giggle which made them so much easier to remember.
The life path that leads you to teaching such a fantatic pursuit such as diving, leading holidays into wild, wonderful destinations all over the world certainly is a life less ordinary than most, I think Jeff did a fair bit of looking around in life and didn't miss too much in his short time on the planet.

RIP


No comments:

Post a Comment